On this page you will find a number of recommended resources for naval history research.
- International Naval Research Organization – A nonprofit organization dedicated to the encouragement of the study of naval vessels and their histories, principally in the era of iron and steel warships (about 1860 to date).
- theFrankes.com – This site.
- German Naval History – A private homepage about the German Navy, specifically with detailed information about German warships of both world wars, line drawings, model pictures, their histories, operations, and more.
- Navy Archive Forum (German) – A German-language forum for historians, model builders and old German ship buffs.
- Axis History Forum – An apolitical forum for discussions on the Axis nations, as well as the First and Second World Wars.
- MilitaryImages.net – An online photo-sharing community specializing in military images, including a section on WWI.
- The Ship Model Forum – A ship-modeler’s resource, including a great history and technology section.
- World Naval Ships Forums – A great resource for ships of world navies, including the German Imperial Navy.
- German Postal History – 10,000+ items online with monthly specialized sales of German-area Covers & Stamps, WWI-WWII Postal History as well as Zeppelins, Real Photo postcards, and items from Austria, Italy, and the USA.